Instructions for Authors
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts submitted for publication should be of high academic standard and are accepted on condition that they are contributed solely to the Journal of Community Development Research (Humanities and Social Sciences). Manuscripts, parts of which have been previously published in conference proceedings, may be accepted if they contain additional material not previously published and not currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. Submission of a multi-authored manuscript implies the consent of all the participating authors. All manuscripts considered for publication will be peer-reviewed by independent referees.
Journal of Community Development Research (Humanities and Social Sciences)
Authors or researchers can send their manuscript according to the regulations of Naresuan University Journal, which are listed below;
1. Journal of Community Development Research (Humanities and Social Sciences) publishes four issues per year: 1) January-March 2) April-June 3) July-September 4) October-December
2. The original article has not been presented nor is it in the process of review for publication in other journals.
3. The article must be written in English.
Creating User Account
Naresuan University Journal would like to invite you to submit manuscripts of your research work via our developed online submission system: Open Journal System (OJS). You have to create your own account if you are the first time user at http://www.journal.nu.ac.th.
1. There will be "Create Account" menu on the first page. Click "Register" to add your data by following the step-by-step instructions for creating your account. If you did not understand, you can read handbook for author on the right top corner of the page.
2. You have to set a username and password for login system. We recommend using your name as your username and using phone number as your password. If you have an account but have forgotten your login details, go to Password Help on the website and enter you email address.
The system will send you an email containing instruction on how to reset your password.
Click here for creating User Account.
Manuscripts submitted to the Journal of Community Development Research (Humanities and Social Sciences) must include:
A manuscript text file containing title page, abstract, keywords, contents, acknowledgments and references. Figures or tables could be included in this file. The title page of this file should include the title of the article, full names and affiliations of all authors, full postal address and e-mail address of the corresponding author.
Click here for Template
2. Figures and Tables must be included in the text file at the appropriate context of the manuscript. You don’t need to separate the figure and table files from the text file.
3. An explanation file containing the answer to reviewers comments for the revised manuscript. Authors who are instructed to revise their manuscript have to highlight all point of their responded in text files.
Contributors submitting manuscripts for consideration for publication should follow the following guidelines.
1. All manuscripts must be submitted via Naresuan Journal Online Submission System using Open Journal System: OJS by Thai journal citation index: TCI at (http://www.journal.nu.ac.th)
2. Manuscript files should be created by using Microsoft Word (.doc, docx files).
3. Manuscript must be written using high-quality language. For non-native English language authors, the article should be proof-read by a language specialist. Poor use of English could result in immediate rejection of the paper.
4. Manuscript should be no longer than 8-15 pages. The inclusion of more figures and tables will reduce the word allowance, and vice versa.
5. Manuscript should be prepared in a single column, double - spaced, with sufficient margins (2.5 cm) and insert line number for editorial and proof-reader’s marks. 12 pt Eucrosia font should be used throughout and all pages numbered consecutively.
6. Abstracts should be no longer than 250 words. About 3-5 keywords should also be provided.
7. Tables and figures should be numbered consecutively.
8. Line drawings should be of high resolution and high contrast. Black-and-white or color photographs may be accepted provided they are of high quality. They should also be provided as computer graphic files after the manuscript is accepted for publication and in the final form. Regardless of the application used, when the electronic artwork is finalized, the images should be saved as, or converted to, one of the following formats (Note the resolution requirements for line drawings, halftones, and line/halftone combinations given below.).
TIFF or JPG: Color or greyscale photographs (halftones): use a minimum of 360 ppi.
TIFF or JPG: Combinations bitmapped line/halftone (color or greyscale): use a minimum of 600 ppi.
9. Acknowledgments should be as brief as possible, in a separate section before the references.
10. Citations of published literature in the text should be given in the form of author and year in parentheses; (Mongnan, 2014), or if the name forms part of a sentence, it should be followed by the year in parenthesis; Mongnan (2014). All references mentioned in the Reference list must be cited in the text, and vice versa. Click here for APA citation Style
11. The References section at the end of the manuscript should list all, only the references cited in the text in alphabetical order of the first author’s surname and no number in front of each reference. Titles of the journal or conference proceedings are not abbreviated. Click here for APA citation Style
12. The revision manuscript should have the highlight on revised parts. Authors must explain how they have revised the manuscript.